SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard
Standard pack of easy-to-use structural analysis tools to predict a product’s real-world physical behavior by virtually testing CAD models.
SOLIDWORKS - SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard
SOLIDWORKS® Simulation is an easy-to-use portfolio of structural analysis tools that use Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to predict a product’s real-world physical behavior by virtually testing CAD models. SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium lets you efficiently evaluate your designs fir nonlinear and dynamic response, dynamic loading, and composite materials. SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium includes three advanced studies: Non-Linear Static, Non-Linear Dynamic, and Linear Dynamics.
- Fully integrated in SOLIDWORKS® 3D CAD
- Fully embedded in SOLIDWORKS for ease of use and data integrity.
- Same user interface as SOLIDWORKS (toolbars, menus and context-sensitive right-click menus). SOLIDWORKS users can get up to speed rapidly with SOLIDWORKS Simulation.
- Associativity with SOLIDWORKS design changes.
- Support for SOLIDWORKS materials and configurations for easy analysis setup.
- Overlay of simulation results onto SOLIDWORKS CAD graphics.
- FEA Modeling
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation includes solid, shell and beam element formulation.
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional and SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium offer 2D simplification, plane stress, plane train, axisymmetric and sub-modelling.
- Interactions and Connectors
- Bonded, Contact, Shrink Fit, Free and Virtual Wall conditions.
- Node-to-surface and surface-to-surface contact.
- Connectors: bolt, spring, pin, elastic support and bearing
- Connector safety check
- Loads and Constraints
- Fixtures to prescribe degrees of freedom.
- Force, pressure and remote structural loads.
- Temperature loading.
- Import Pressure and Thermal Loads from SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation.
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional and SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium include Load Case Manager to evaluate the effects of various load combinations on your model.
- Stress Hot Spot Diagnostics
- Regions of model with irregular stress gradients can be detected between adjacent elements.
- The cause of the irregular stress gradients could be stress singularities. Patent awarded in 2020.
- Communication with Reports and eDrawings®
- Customizable simulation report.
- eDrawings of simulation results.
- Linear Static Simulation for Assemblies
- Part and assembly structural analysis problems solved for stress, strain, displacements and Factors of Safety (FOS).
- Typical analysis assumes static loading, elastic linear materials and small displacements.
- Time-Based Motion
- Rigid body kinematic and dynamic motion tool used to calculate velocities, accelerations and movements of assembly under operational loads.
- With motion analysis complete, component body and connection loads can be included in linear analysis for a complete structural investigation.
- Design Comparison Studies
- "What if" scenarios based on defined variables (dimensions, mass properties, simulation data).
- Fatigue Simulation
- Estimation of high cycle fatigue life of components subjected to multiple varying loads where peak stress is below material yield stress.
- Cumulative damage theory used to predict locations and cycles to failure.
- Trend Tracker
- Detection of trends in results from different iterations of a static study.
Please feel free to contact our office to select any suitable Application and/or Collection.